Vapestore Retail Limited in-store Loyalty Scheme Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions, together with the our Privacy Notice (available to view here www.vapestore.co.uk/privacy-policy) and our Website Terms and Conditions (available to view here https://www.vapestore.co.uk/terms-and-conditions) (referred to collectively below as “Terms and Conditions”), apply to the operation of the Vapestore Loyalty Scheme and govern the relationship between you and us in respect of your membership of this scheme.
Please note: the Vapestore Loyalty Scheme (referred to as the Loyalty Scheme in these Terms and Conditions) only apply to in-store purchases (made in the relevant participating store) and cannot be used for online purchases.
There is a separate loyalty scheme for online purchases details which can be found here www.vapestore.co.uk/loyalty-scheme.
These Terms and Conditions therefore tell you who we are, how your membership of the Loyalty Scheme will operate, how you and we may change or end your membership, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before applying for membership. We recommend that you print and retain a copy for future reference.
These terms and conditions were last modified on 12th April 2021.
1 About us
We are Vapestore Retail Limited, and are a company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 09244333. Our registered office is at 7a Henley Business Park, Normandy, Guildford, Surrey, England, GU3 2DX and our Vat number is: 09244333. You can contact us using the contact details provided in paragraph 3 below.
We operate both company-owned stores as well as franchised and licensed stores (referred to as ‘stores’ in these Terms and Conditions) but the Loyalty Scheme is administered by us. However, not all of our stores participate in the Vapestore Loyalty Scheme (see paragraph 2 below).
2 Participating stores
Not all stores participate in the Loyalty Scheme. Those stores that are participating in the Loyalty Scheme are as follows:
- Company owned stores (where reward points earned through the Loyalty Scheme can be redeemed in any of the following stores):
- - Brighton
- - Chichester
- - Guildford
- - Portsmouth
- - Reading
- - Redhill
- - Worthing
Franchised stores (where reward points earned through the Loyalty Scheme can be redeemed only in the store where you registered for membership and no other store):
- - Basingstoke
- - Bracknell
- - Burslem
- - Dorking
Please note: our concessions and store-in-stores do not participate in the Loyalty Scheme so you will be unable to redeem any reward points you have earned through the Loyalty Scheme at these locations or at any of our other stores which do not participate in the Loyalty Scheme.
A full list of all our stores (including the participating stores listed above) can be found here: https://www.vapestore.co.uk/our-stores.
3 How to contact us and customer services
If you have any enquiry relating to your Membership, or if you think there is a mistake in these Terms and Conditions or if there is anything you do not understand, you can use the Contact Us facility on the Website or you can contact Customer Services on:
- - Contact the store your membership is based at via our store directory, found here: https://www.vapestore.co.uk/our-stores.
- - 0800 644 0000 between the hours of 09:00 and 17:30 on Monday to Friday, closed on Saturday & Sunday
- - Emailing us at email@example.com
- - By writing to us at 7a Henley Business Park, Normandy, Guildford, Surrey, England, GU3 2DX.
4 Becoming a Member
In order to participate in the Loyalty Scheme, you will need to apply for membership of the scheme. You can become a member by:
- - creating an account at any participating store and providing your first and last name. Provision of an email is optional for e-receipts and you will be given the opportunity to opt-in to receive marketing communications; or:
- - creating an account online via the link that will be provided at the bottom of your receipt (where you are not already a member) for a designated store. Please note that where you create an account online this will be via a link provided to you by the participating store you enquired about membership in and:
- - this still only entitles you to redeem reward points you earn through the Loyalty Scheme against eligible in-store purchases not online purchases; and:
- - where you are applying for membership in one of our franchised stores you cannot use any reward points you earn through the Loyalty Scheme in any other store.
Your membership can only be registered in the name of an individual and an individual may only register one membership per person. Registering will help protect your Account from loss, theft or damage.
All members must be individuals aged 18 years or older. By applying for membership of the Loyalty Scheme you are confirming you are 18 years or older and any email address you wish to provide to us must be your own email address.
We can refuse to accept your application for membership in our sole discretion without the need to give a reason.
5 Using your Membership
Your membership of the Loyalty Scheme enables you to earn reward points and to redeem those reward points against:
- - eligible products at the participating store that you applied for membership at (if a franchised store) or:
- - where you applied for membership at one of our company owned stores against eligible purchases at any of our company owned stores.
Please see paragraph 2 above for a list of our company and franchised participating stores.
6 Earning and redeeming reward points
- - We have a minimum spend of £5 when using full or partial payment using reward points.
- - Reward points can only be earned at the time of purchase and at the participating store that you applied for membership at (if a franchised store) or, where you applied for membership at one of our company-owned stores at any of our company-owned stores if you provide details of your Account to the cashier at the point of purchase.
- - If you do not provide details of your Account at the point of purchase, you will not be eligible to earn reward points on that purchase. Points cannot be added retrospectively.
- - If you applied for membership at a franchised store, you are not eligible to earn reward points on any purchase made at a different store even if this is a participating store in the Loyalty Scheme.
- - You will earn 5 reward points for each £1 spent on eligible products. Each reward point is equivalent to 1 pence redemption value; Working out to a 5% reward.
- - Products eligible for reward points, and the amount of reward points that a product qualifies for, may vary from time to time. E.g. Double points promotions or discounted products may vary.
- - Reward points have no cash value and therefore cannot be redeemed in exchange for a cash payment only; they can only be redeemed against the cost of eligible products bought by you.
- - You may redeem up to 100% of the value of an order using reward points. You can use full or partial redemption of rewards; however the £5 minimum spend applies when using reward points as full or partial payment.
- - You can check your reward points balance at any time by visiting the store you applied for membership in or checking your last receipt or e-receipt (where you have provided us with your email address for this purpose). Your rewards point balance will be shown at the bottom of the receipt.
- - In-store purchases which qualify for reward points will be issued to your Account at the point of purchase.
- - Reward points are not redeemable on selected products we designate from time to time.
- - Reward points cannot usually be used in conjunction with any discount or privilege card whether issued by us or by any third party.
- - Reward points cannot be earned when purchasing gift cards.
- - Reward points cannot be redeemed against gift cards or against products that are subject to an offer, promotion, or discount unless the terms of the offer or promotion state otherwise.
- - Redeemed reward points cannot be used again. Reward points can only be earned, held and redeemed as set out in these terms and conditions. Any reward points obtained or used other than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will be invalid and cannot be redeemed.
- - Reward points are personal to you and cannot be pooled with reward points earned by another member of the Loyalty Scheme and redeemed together.
- - You cannot transfer any stored reward points on your Account to any other person.
- - Returns / Cancellations of orders using reward points are subject to our normal returns policy (see here vapestore.co.uk/warrenty-products-returns). Any reward points already awarded to your Account for an order which is subsequently returned and not exchanged, will be debited from your Account.
- - When processing a return, any form of payment made using reward points will be added back to your account to use against another purchase. Reward points cannot be paid out in funds as reward points hold no cash value other than for in-store use.
- - Where you are exchanging a returned order for another eligible product of the same value no additional reward points will be awarded. If the exchange is for a lower value product or a non-eligible product then we will debit your Account with points which are equal to the difference in value.
7 Expiry and Cancellation
- - Your Membership does not have an expiry date set. However, your account and reward points are only valid so long as you have used your Account to earn and/or redeem reward points in the past 12 months. If your Membership has not been used in this way for 12 consecutive months, we will consider you a lapsed user. We make every attempt to contact lapsed users before closing an account after a 12-month period of no activity. We reserve the right to remove reward points from the balance on your Account in this instance.
- - Expired reward points cannot be transferred to a new Account or reinstated.
- - You have the right to cancel your membership of the Loyalty Scheme and Account at any time by contacting the specific store or Customer Services see paragraph 3 above. If cancelling remotely you will need to complete the Model Cancelation Form. This takes one minute to complete and is a requirement for our records for remote cancelations. If in-store, you can verify your details and/or show ID to cancel on-site without the form.
- - We reserve the right to change or withdraw any benefits of the Loyalty Scheme or suspend or terminate the Loyalty Scheme at any time at our sole discretion and for any reason.
- - We reserve the right to immediately suspend or terminate your Account and membership of the Loyalty Scheme, for any reason, including but not limited to the following:
- - if we reasonably believe that you have breached these Terms and Conditions.
- - if there is any theft from or misconduct in connection with us by you or on your behalf.
- - if you have provided us with false or misleading information; and/or:
- - if we consider that you have acted improperly or in an abusive, defamatory, criminal, or offensive way to any other member or to our staff or otherwise.
8 Refer a Friend
If you are an existing member of the Loyalty Scheme and you bring with you to the store (that you are eligible to spend your reward points in) a new customer, who is not a current member of the Loyalty Scheme but who then applies for membership whilst with you at the store then, provided this person makes a purchase at the same time as applying for membership, you will receive the equivalent amount of reward points to earn a free 10ml of e-liquid.
9 Changes to your details
If you need to change any of the details you provided when you registered, please either:
- - update your details by visiting the store you applied for membership in;
- - contact Customer Services - see paragraph 3 above.
10 Complaints procedure
Complaints regarding any element of your Membership should be sent in writing or by email to Customer Services, Vapestore Retail Limited, 7a Henley Business Park, Normandy, Guildford, Surrey, England, GU3 2DX. Or contact Customer Services - see paragraph 3 above.
Reward points earned through using your membership are not covered by any compensation scheme.
12 Data protection and privacy
When registering to become a member of the Loyalty Scheme, you will be asked to provide certain personal information, including your name, email, address, or contact details.
We are committed to maintaining the security of your personal information in accordance with the requirements of relevant Data Protection laws and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is kept secure against unauthorised access, loss, disclosure or destruction.
We will only use your personal information in accordance with our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be viewed here.
13 Our liability
We are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of any contract with you or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable.
Loss or damage is foreseeable if the loss or damage was an obvious consequence of our breach or if they were contemplated by you and us at the time we accepted your order. In those circumstances our sole liability will be to credit your Account in line with the benefits outlined in our terms.
We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, fraud, or fraudulent misrepresentation or for any breach of any terms implied by law.
14 Legal rights
As a consumer you have legal rights in relation to services that are not carried out with reasonable care and skill. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions (or our other policies) will affect these legal rights.
We reserve the right to amend or waive any provision of these Terms and Conditions from time to time and at any time, or to terminate the Loyalty Scheme and/or your membership of it on reasonable notice. You should check these Terms and Conditions from time to time to take note of any changes we make, as they are binding on you from the date that we make them.
- - This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- - We may transfer our rights and obligations under any contract with you to another organisation. We will tell you in writing if this happens. You must not transfer any of your rights and obligations under any contract unless we agree.
- - Each clause of these Terms and Conditions are separate and if any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the other clauses will remain in full force and effect.
- - If we do not insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions or where we do not enforce or delay enforcing our rights, that will not mean that we have waived our rights nor that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
- - These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and the English courts shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions. This means you may bring a claim to enforce your consumer protection rights in connection with these Terms and Conditions in England or if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, or if you are a resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
17 Alternative Dispute Resolution
Alternative dispute resolution is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. If you are not happy with how we have handled any complaint, you may want to use alternative dispute resolution, but this does not prevent you going to court if you are still not satisfied with the outcome.